Some Help With The Research

I went into the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for my appointment Wednesday with my questions ready and prepared to talk NYS liquor law!


We dove right into talk about the types of licenses but he had NO idea what I was talking about. I was feeling very discouraged and, honestly, sad. I was hoping that I would find the help I needed about these confusing regulations.  But in reality, I had to explain what a bottle shop was. I had to tell him that I was not opening a place to return bottles and cans…

After some more talk about funding and financial statements for the business plan he explains that the SBDC has a partner in Albany that’s only focus is research.  So we compiled specific licensing questions to send to them. phew… that made me feel much better!

  1. What is the minimum food requirement to obtain a “eating place beer” liquor license. How is one obtained.
  2. Are class C liquor licenses not granted by the state anymore? If not, how can one be obtained. Do they have any records of who holds them and is willing to sell.

These questions typically take 2-3 weeks!!!! But after spending a lot of the meeting discussing how I should not move forward with any expenses before I have a clear path for the license, the SBDC advisor said he could expedite the questions! I should have the answers by next week!




5 thoughts on “Some Help With The Research

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s